1. Belonging explains the most variance in the overall brother/sisterhood models
2. The strongest predictor of the most altruistic versions of
brother/sisterhood is belonging
3. Belonging powerfully predicts organizational commitment
4. Belonging powerfully predicts Organizational Identification
5. Belonging is the most powerful predictor of overall satisfaction with the fraternity/sorority experience
Belonging’s importance in the fraternity/sorority experience cannot be overstated. Every campus, and every fraternity and sorority HQ, would be wise to commit time, energy and resources helping their chapters create spaces where members feel valued, connected and appreciated. In the next installment of this three-part series, we will explore strategies that we have seen work best at the chapter level in creating that sense of connection and belonging. Stay tuned!